Who Can Apply: In order to be eligible for the competition, all applicants must be:
- Students enrolled at a college or university located in the United States or Puerto Rico.
- A U.S. Citizen or valid visa or green card holder. Documents must be in hand by January 15, 2021.
- Between the ages of 17 and 24 years old as of January 22, 2021.
- Non-commercial artists: applicants must not have had any musical work commercially recorded or distributed. The applicant must warrant that he or she has not assigned any rights in the submitted work to a publisher, record company, licensing organization, or any other person or entity.
- Former winners (other than Honorable Mention) of this competition are not eligible.
- The submitted entry must be an original song or instrumental work in a Latin genre. Both lyrics and music must be original and not based on any prior work.
- Applicants may submit only one song or instrumental work to the competition
- The entry must be submitted as a MP3 or MP4a file, which should be named only with the title of the song. One copy of the lyrics must also be submitted as a PDF. Neither of these items may indicate the name of the applicant or their school. Applicants should retain copies of their recordings and lyrics.
- If a submitted work is written by two or more applicants (e.g., a composer and lyricist):
- All applicants must meet all eligibility requirements.
- Such a jointly written work will be considered as a single entry.
- Should a jointly written work receive any type of award under this contest, the scholarship will be divided equally between applicants.
Deadline: January 22, 2021