JVS Scholarship Fund
Award Information: The JVS Scholarship Fund is a Scholarship sponsored by Jewish Vocational Service – Los Angeles.
Amount of Scholarship: Minimum: $1,000, Average: $2,000, Maximum: $5,000
Application Deadline: March 31
Requirements: Applicants must be Jewish, permanent legal residents of Los Angeles County with demonstrated financial need. Primary criteria for scholarship selection are financial need, Jewish community involvement and community service. Financial need is verified by federal income tax returns. All applicants must be planning to attend full-time at an approved college, university, vocational school, graduate school or medical school in the next academic year. All applicants must remain in good academic standing and be making timely progress towards a degree or vocational certificate. JVS assists students studying in standard academic programs on a traditional academic calendar. JVS does not offer scholarship aid for weekend programs, summer sessions, research, part-time studies, correspondence or distance-learning studies, or for any college or vocational school that has not received approval from the U.S. Department of Education for federal student aid funding. It is expected that applicants will explore and pursue all sources of financial assistance, such as federal and state loans, as well as institutional scholarships. It is not our policy to assist applications who use JVS as their only financial aid resource. Applicant must file FAFSA.
- Must be Jewish
- Minimum age of 16 years
- Permanent and legal resident of Los Angeles County – for a minimum of three years
- U.S. citizen or documented legal permanent U.S. resident (green card)
- Planning to attend an accredited public or private college, university or vocational school in the U.S.
- Planning to enroll full-time (minimum 12 units per term)
- Maintain a minimum 2.7 GPA for undergraduate students and a minimum 3.0 GPA for graduate students for every semester or quarter enrolled.
- Demonstrated and verifiable financial need including FAFSA (student aid report)
Sponsorship provided by:
Jewish Vocational Service – Los Angeles
6505 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 200
Los Angeles, CA 90048
Phone Number: (323) 761 8888 x8868
Fax Number: (323) 761-8575
JVS Scholarship Video