Home » Hands Across the Mideast and CrossLites Veterinary Scholarships

Hands Across the Mideast and CrossLites Veterinary Scholarships

Hands Across the Mideast Support Alliance

Scholarship Name: HAMSA’s What Happens to a Dream Deferred? Essay Contest
Description: This international competition awards a total of $10,000 in scholarship prizes each year to the winning essayists from the United and the Middle East. For Americans, your 600-1,500 word essay should address one of three questions:

  1. Why should Americans help civil rights reformers in the Middle East?
  2. How can you as an individual support the struggle for civil rights in the Middle East?
  3. What could the future of the Middle East look like if Americans partnered with reformers in that part of the world?

Essays based on US government policy and regional geo-politics will not be considered. The judges are interested in your perspective on how grassroots efforts can change the landscape of civil rights in the Middle East, including issues such as freedom of expression, women’s rights, religious freedom and economic liberty.
Award: $500 – $2,000
Awards per Year: 6
Award is Open to: Students in the U.S. And Middle East
Major/Field of Study: Open
How to Apply/Contact: Submit your essay online.


CrossLites

Scholarship Name: CrossLites Scholarship
Description: CrossLites Scholarship contest, in honor of veterinarian Dr. Parker, is open to any high school, undergraduate or graduate school student who writes a winning 400-600 word essay based on an original quote from Dr. Parker. Applicants compete against other applicants of their same grade level. High school, undergraduate and graduate students each have their own 1st place ($2,000), 2nd place ($1,500), 3rd place ($1,000), 4th place ($500) and 5th place ($250) prizes. There are no minimum grade or standardized test requirements, although applicants must submit a transcript. Judges will rank each essay, which accounts for 10 percent of your overall “score.” The other 90 percent is comprised of online voting.
Award: $250 – $2,000
Awards per Year: 15
Award is Open to: High school, undergraduate and graduate students
Major/Field of Study: Veterinary Science
How to Apply/Contact: Submit your original essay at the CrossLites website (www.crosslites.com).

Harris Poll Hisatake Scholarship >>>